> Generating Cut Sheets Part II (Models)
A single DGN file
is created for each plan set (General plan, drainage plan, right-of-way plan, etc.) and models
are developed for each sheet of that type. This procedure is now the default method for creating cut sheets.
there will be a "master" drawing containing a model for each
type of plan. The "master" models will have reference attachments to
the roll plan drawings and a view saved for that particular type of plan. The
plan sheet models will not contain drawing data other than the border, they only reference
the appropriate model
in the "master" DGN file. Click
here for a visual representation of this. This is a continuation of Plan
Cut Sheets in MicroStation (Part 1)
The Master Drawing
- Create a new dgn file in the Cutsheet folder to be the "master"
the models button
or the Models option on the File menu.
- Create a model for the type of plans being developed. (General, Drainage,
Right-of-Way, Pavement Marking, etc.) See naming convention below.
- Confirm that the correct seed
file is being used.
- The Type should be set to Design From Seed.
- The model name should identify the type of plan.
- Use the NHREF macro to attach all necessary drawings. This master drawing
file will be referenced by each cut sheet model for this type of plan.
Non-standard drawings will need to be attached separately. Be sure to
attach files with logical names defined so that other programs work.
- Set levels up for the cut sheet set (general plans, drainage plans, etc.).
Some sample settings are available for use with the RefLev program. For more information, see the documentation about the
RefLev programs. Save Settings and Save
the file to preserve these settings.
Note that new projects have a Master drawing with some of the
models needed already created. In these cases just open the
correct model and perform steps 7 and 8.
Note: When working on the cut sheets do not have both the Master dgn and the Cut sheet dgn open at the same time.
- Once the model has been created in the 12345mstr.dgn file
for the type of plan being developed, create and/or open a new dgn file for the plan set being created, such as
- Select the models button
or the Models option on the File menu.
- Create or open model ROW01. Confirm that the correct seed
file is being used if creating.
- The model name should identify the type of plan and sheet number (GEN01,
GEN02...). The naming convention
is listed below.
- Reference attach the appropriate model in the master dgn file.
Set to Live Nesting, nest depth to 1, the Display Overrides to
Never and Unselect Use Active Annotation Scale. See the graphic at the right.
Separately attach the MTH.dgn for use in creating each cut sheet.
- Use the Models command copy a model to create all the rest of the cut
sheet models by copying ROW01 to ROW02... .
- After creating all the sheets, Open each sheet and use the Fit View, Rotate View and Zoom tools as necessary to properly view the cut
sheet being created. Select the border cell and the clip boundary in
the MTH.dgn and copy from and to the same point. This copies the
border and boundary into the sheet.
- Open the reference file dialog box, highlight the master.dgn and select
the Clip Reference/boundary tool. Set Method to Element, check
both boxes and select the Clip Boundary element (it should highlight)
by left clicking it.
- Open Level Display, shut off all level in the cut sheet model, change
toggle from levels to filters, and select the appropriate filter (set
toggle back to levels). See the Filters documentation if you need help
with this step. Edit sheet name, number and who dun it info.
- The variables (anything
with a “$” in the text) will plot accurately using the NHDOT pen table that
“reads” the project’s .pcf file. To
view these variables correctly, zoom into the area, open the Plot dialog box and
select Preview Refresh.
- Turn on the clip boundary and use the match line Task and draw over clip
boundary to create the match line. Add match line text using Text
Method > Above Element or Text Method > Below Element with the respective
justification (Center Bottom or Center Top). It
is recommended that text line spacing be 0.5 or half of the text height.
- Use Bxx rule file to add the bar scale (BAR50, BAR500, BAR20
& BAR240), model name text (CUTTXTMODEL), Preliminary Plan Stamp (PRELIM)
and other cells needed on the sheet for the appropriate plan type.
This first sheet is set up. Repeat steps 7-12 for each sheet.
Model Naming for Master Cut Sheet Drawing - 12345mstr.dgn
- CRB - Curbing & Pavement Layout
- DRN - Drainage
- DET - Detour
- FSD - Front Sheet Detail
- GEN - General
- GEO - Geotech
- LND - Landscaping
- PVT - Pavement Marking
- PL - Property Layout
- ROW - Right-of-Way Purchase
- RWR - Right-of-Way Registry
- SHR - Shoreland
- SGN - Signing
- SIG - Signalization
- TCP - Traffic Control
- WET - Wetland
- ERO - Erosion Control Plans
Cut Sheet Drawings
|Type of Plan
||Prefix for Model Names
New Hampshire Department of Transportation
PO Box 483 | 7 Hazen Drive | Concord, NH | 03302-0483
Tel: 603.271.3734 | Fax: 603.271.3914