Front Sheet Detail
Front Sheet Border
Creating the Construction and Wetlands Front Sheets
Before You Begin
- Note that the statewide basemap referenced below is only available to NHDOT users.
- Create a folder in the Prj directory called FrontSheets.
- Create a front sheet dgn called prjctFSR.dgn in the FrontSheets folder. Note that "prjct" should be replaced with the project number in all file names referenced on this page. Use correct seed file and project interface. 2D files are recommended.
- Create a location map dgn called prjctLOC.dgn in the FrontSheets folder. Use correct seed file and project interface.
- Create/use a FSD (Front Sheet Detail) model in the prjctMSTR.dgn in the CutSheet folder. Use correct seed file and project interface.
- Open the prjctLOC.dgn file. Hit on Task Attach All
- Attach prjctALI.dgn as a reference file (No Nesting) and Fit View (if this is a 3d file, Expand Clipping Planes box should be checked on in the Fit View command window). This will bring up the "base map" in the vicinity of the job.
- Attach the following file as a reference file with Nested Attachments : Live Nesting and Depth : 1. (Ignore the warning about the file location not being part of the reference file path. These files are only temporarily attached to create the map data within the LOC file.)
[Please Note - The above files are translations from Imperial ArcView drawings. Because they are Imperial the conversion for metric files will be off "a little bit" (up to 500m+/-) but they will still be in the general project area for the purpose of the location map.]
- Attach/Import the LOC.csv Level Library.
- Select FS Location Map Outline from the LOC rule file and place the LOCMAP cell on the state map in the area of the project. Zooming out a little may be required to place the cell.
- Detach prjctALI.dgn.
- Select Place Block and place a "box", snapping to the inside square of the LOCMAP cell.
- Delete LOCMAP cell.
- Select Place Fence with Fence Type - Block. Snap to the corners of the block just placed.
- Select Manipulate Fence Contents (in the Fence toolbox) with Operation - Copy, Fence Mode - Clip. Choose a corner of the block for the Origin and snap to the same point for the Distance. Reset to quit out of the command.
- Detach All.dgn.
- Use the LOC rules to place Interstate, US or NH route sign cells as appropriate.
- Save Settings.
- Save this DGN and exit.
- Open the prjctMSTR.dgn file, Front Sheet Detail model. Attach the files needed to show the project detail on the front sheet by using the NHREF macro on the NHDOT dropdown menu. Turn additional levels on/off as necessary (use the OpenReflev macro with the refFSD.rf8 file).
- Save Settings, Save and Exit.
Creating this model allows additional dgns to be added to the Front Sheet Detail without the concern of origin point, rotation or scale.
- Open prjctFSR.dgn
- If a 3D file is used, then set the "z" elevation to "0" (Key-In window type - "AZ=0" and click in the view).
- Attach prjctMSTR.dgn Front Sheet Detail model as reference file. Choose Nested Attachments : Live Nesting and Depth : 1. Fit View.
- Double click on the prjctMSTR.dgn in the References dialog box. Change Scale (Master:Ref) 1.000 : 1.000 to 1.000 : 2400.000 (Imperial) [or 1.000 : 2500.000 (metric)] as an example/a starting point. Fit View.
- From the FSH rules, select the Front Sheet Border (FSBDR) and place near the project detail (scale 1). Fit View.
- Re-Scale prjctMSTR.dgn (by
double clicking on file in References) and Move References and/or Rotate
References to position appropriately.
If using a 3D file, extra care should be taken when rotating the view, only change the "Z" value (ex. x=0, y=0, z=90). The use of Undo may help when attempting to establish detail rotation - Rotate, if not correct, Undo and re-Rotate. Be sure to note the final rotation of the project detail in order to properly rotate the DOTNTH arrow cell. The rotation can be read from the References dialog box.
- Using the FSH rules, place the following cells needed for the front
FSTXT [Front Sheet ROW Text]
DOTNTH [NHDOT North Arrow]
LOCMAP [Location Map Outline]
LMSCI or LMSCM [Location Map Scale - Imperial or Metric]
LOCCIR [Location Map Detail Circle with Project Number]
Notice by placing the location map LOCMAP first, the location map scale LMSCI/LMSCM can easily be centered underneath the map. All origin points correspond to points on the border cell for easy placement
- The prjctMSTR.dgn may need to be clipped. If so, Fence (Type: Shape, Mode: Clip) the detail needed. In References, select prjctMSTR.dgn. Choose Tools > Clip Boundary and accept by clicking on the screen (everything will highlight - do not be alarmed!).
- Attach the prjctLOC.dgn as a reference file to add the location map detail. Change the Scale (Master:Ref) 1.00 : 1.00 to 1.00 : 48,000 (Imperial) [or 1.00 : 50,000 (metric)]. Fit View.
- Move the prjctLOC.dgn into the LOCDET cell (References > Tools > Move).
- Save Settings and Save dgn.
- Import the border filters into the drawing. If you need help with this step, see the documentation on Filters.
- Add Right-of-Way Front Sheet Notes.
Level Display, highlight prjctFSR.dgn.
- Select the view number of the window where the cut sheet is located.
- Change the Levesl/Filters toggle to Filters.
- Highlight the filter of choice - in this
case - FS:ROW.
Note: If the desired information doesn't show up on your cut sheet, unhighlight and highlight the filter again (there seems to be a glitch somewhere).
Click for Filter Designations.
- Edit the FSTXT cell with Edit Text (using word processor mode).
The variables (anything with a “$” in the text) will plot accurately using the NHDOT pen table that “reads” the project’s .pcf file. To view these variables correctly, zoom into the area, open the Plot dialog box and select Preview Refresh. If they do not view correctly, the pcf file probably needs to be edited. See an applications engineer for assistance.
- Issue the Save Settings command to save the view, save the design file and exit.
- Extraneous detail may need to be shut off in the prjctMSTR.dgn. If so, an easy way to do this from the prjctFSR.dgn is to; (note: the connection to the MSTR may be severed)
- From Level Display, highlight prjctMSTR.dgn.
- Right click in the Level Area and select Off By Element.
- Hit on the element in the display.
- Save Settings and Save.
- For text sizes on the Front Sheet see sample Front Sheet (see Eric Milliken for a "tentative sample" - still waiting approval).
- In Microsoft Explorer, copy and rename this dgn to prjctFSW.dgn and prjctFSC.dgn.
- Open prjctFSW.dgn. In Level Display and Filters toggled, click off FS:ROW and click on FS:Wetlands.
- Repeat for prjctFSC.dgn except click FS:Const, and for prjctFSS click FS:Shore..
New Hampshire Department of Transportation
PO Box 483 | 7 Hazen Drive | Concord, NH | 03302-0483
Tel: 603.271.3734 | Fax: 603.271.3914