Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC)
The Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC) identifies and sets priorities for independent living services and activities in New Hampshire, thus ensuring participation by persons with disabilities in the planning process of the State Plan for Independent Living. Members of the SILC are appointed by the Governor and the majority are individuals with disabilities.
- Critically examines the needs of individuals with disabilities;
- Develops the State Plan for Independent Living with the State Agency;
- Advocates for individuals with disabilities;
- Evaluates independent living programs in the state; and
- Produces educational materials.