Smaller text size Default text size Larger text size
skip navigation
NH State Seal
Governor's Commission on Disability

Crisis or Emergency Contacts

If you are experiencing a crisis or emergency and need help, these are some of the most common links and numbers. Check back frequently, as this page is being updated as new information is received.

If real emergency, they should call 9-1-1 (Medical, Danger, Fire, etc.)

Suicide/MedicalL/Danger Crisis
If they won't call 9-1-1, get their name, number, address, nature of emergency & you may need to call. Especially, if they are threatening suicide, homicide, violence, harming themselves or anyone else, don't doubt – just call 9-1-1 (It's the Law!). “15% of those who are clinically depressed die by suicide."

A helpful resource for researching suicide prevention on the Internet:

Suicide Prevention

National Suicide Hotlines, 1-800-SUICIDE, 1-800-784-2433;
National Suicide Prevention Line, 1-800-273-TALK, 1-800-273-8255
TTY: 1-800-799-4TTY (4889)
Suicide/Crisis Center,
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education (SAVE),

Suicide and Depression Awareness for Students

Domestic Violence, 866/644-3574,, (Coalition Against Domestic & Sexual Violence)

Housing Crisis

Call NH 211

Home4Hope,, Homelessness Crisis Line – 800-852-3388
If being evicted from rental, NH Legal Assistance, has list of regional office #'s.
Help 4 Homeowners, losing home,

Housing Counselors who can help with housing crisis,

NH Housing Finance Authority (NHHFA),, hover on Renters, then appropriate tab.
Vacant Unit Listing,
Directory of Assisted Housing,

USDA Rural Development Rental Properties (not in cities),

Needs Services/Benefits
ServiceLink, 866-634-9412,
ServiceLink Search Engine,
Substance Abuse Resources,


Bureau of Elderly & Adult services,

Transportation for Medical appointments for Medicaid recipients,

Transportation for other purposes & Medicaid or non-Medicaid recipients, Public & Private Providers,

DOT Public Transit links,

Regional Planning Coordinators for Transit,

US DOT re Accessibility Rights in Transit,

Office of Energy & Planning, Fuel Assistance Program contacts,

Electrical, Gas/Oil or Water Assistance, contact utility provider or Public Utilities Comm.,, 800-852-3793

Governor's Commission on Disability  |  121 South Fruit Street, Suite 101, Concord, NH 03301
Toll-Free NH: 800-852-3405  |  603-271-2773  |   Fax: 603-271-2837  |

copyright 2009. State of New Hampshire