Architectural Barrier Free Design Committee
2015 Meeting Schedule (coming soon)
- Note: the Architectural Barrier-Free Design Committee meets on the third Tuesday of every month from 1:00-4:00 pm. Please call for directions.
- The Architectural Barrier-Free Design Committee was established and is guided by
- Promulgate and enforce the NH Code for Architectural Barrier-Free Design requiring access to new buildings open to the public and those undergoing major renovations
- Review New Hampshire State agency leases to ensure accessibility for persons with disabilities and submit recommendations to the Governor and Executive Council
- Provide technical assistance on architectural accessibility compliance requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, The New Hampshire State Building Code, Section 504 of The Rehabilitation Act and The Fair Housing Act
- Advise property owners, code enforcement officials and the design community on accessibility compliance
- Review architectural plans for accessibility compliance in publicly-funded new construction and significant renovation
- Review complaints alleging violations of accessibility code
Information about Accessibility in New Hampshire
- New --- AB rules for PUBLICLY FUNDED PUBLIC BUILDINGS
- SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE AB CODE AND THE NH STATE BUILDING CODE
- 2012 NH Accessibility Checklist
- 2012 NH State Rental Property - new construction - new leases
- 2011 NH state rental property - renewals only
- 2012 NH State Rental Property - existing facilities new leases
- 2012 NH State Rental Property- new leases only
- Preferred single user occupant toilet room
- Codes (NH amendments, AB code, IBC, 2010 ADA, ANSI)
- New Lease Forms
- Renewal Form
- Meeting Schedule and Location
- The ABFDC meets at 1:00 pm on the third Tuesday of every month at 121 South Fruit Street, Suite 101, Concord, NH. Please call us at 603-271 2773 for further details.
- Architectural Resources (bathroom plans, ramp guidelines, handrail helper guides) * state resources & private resources
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. You can download a free reader from Adobe.
Microsoft Word format. You can download a free viewer from Microsoft.