News, Events, and Press Release Archive
July 18, 2014 – Interest Payable on Escrow Accounts Announced. The escrow rate for the period August 1, 2014 through January 31, 2015 is 0.00%. Pursuant to NH RSA 384:16-c and 384:16-e, Glenn A. Perlow, Bank Commissioner, announced the minimum interest rate payable on moneys on deposit in escrow accounts maintained for the payment of taxes or insurance premiums related to loans on property secured by real estate mortgages. Said rate shall be 0.00% and shall be effective commencing August 1, 2014 and shall remain in effect until the next rate announcement on January 31, 2015.
March 31, 2014 - Consumer Relief Report Published. As part of the National Mortgage Servicers Settlement, the nation's five largest mortgage servicers (Ally / Rescap, Bank of America, Citi, JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo) were required to report on their cumulative consumer relief. In March, the Office of Mortgage Settlement Oversight issued its final report, which contained information specific to New Hampshire homeowners who received assistance under the settlement. In total, 1,441 New Hampshire homeowners were assisted. The aggregate amount of relief and benefit received in New Hampshire was $82,282,450. To read the report, visit www.mortgageoversight.com.
February 19, 2014 - NH Banking Department earns Accreditation for Mortgage Regulation
Bank Commissioner Glenn Perlow announced that the New Hampshire Banking Department has earned accreditation for Mortgage Regulation. View the Press Release .
December 31, 2013 - Upper Valley Commercial Corporation agrees to Cease Operation
The NH Banking Department and the NH Securities Bureau issued Cease & Desist Orders against Upper Valley Commercial Corporation for violating NH State Laws. View the joint press release issued . View the Banking Department Order . View the Securities Bureau Order.
December 19, 2013 - Ocwen Financial Corporation Ordered to Provide Relief to Homeowners
The New Hampshire Banking Department has joined regulators from 48 other states, the District of Columbia and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in filing a court order that requires Ocwen to provide $2 billion in principal reduction relief to underwater homeowners for mortgage servicing misconduct. Ocwen must also refund $125 million to foreclosed borrowers and adhere to significant new servicing requirements that will protect homeowners from abusive behavior. Affected homeowners are encouraged to review these FAQs about the procedure to seek payment .
- July 31, 2013 - Debit Card Scam
Several New Hampshire chartered banks and credit unions have reported that residents are receiving fraudulent phone calls and text messages claiming that their debit cards are locked or deactivated, and then requests account information to correct the problem. Residents should never respond to a phone call, email, or text message that asks for any account information. If you believe you have been victimized please contact your institution immediately.
- June 5, 2013 - Deputy Bank Commissioner Ingrid E. White - Ms.
Ingrid E. White’s appointment by New Hampshire Governor Maggie Hassan as deputy bank commissioner was unanimously confirmed by the New Hampshire Executive Council. Ms. White's term as deputy commissioner runs until August 1, 2018.
March 7, 2013 - Bank Commissioner Glenn A. Perlow - Mr. Glenn A. Perlow was sworn in as the New Hampshire Bank Commissioner. NH Governor Hassan issued press releases praising his nomination and thanking the Executive Council for his confirmation.
July 9, 2012 - NHBD Expands its use of the NMLS - Debt Adjusters, Retail Seller, Sales Finance, and Small Loan Lenders can now apply through the NMLS for licensure. Visit the NMLS Site for more information.
- February 9, 2012 - New Hampshire Joins $25 Billion Joint State-Federal Mortgage Servicing Settlement on Foreclosure Wrongs. Information on the National Mortgage Settlement.
- August 16, 2011 – Alternatives to Foreclosure Seminars scheduled in Concord, Keene, and Seabrook
- May 16, 2011 – Ronald A. Wilbur was confirmed as Bank Commissioner on May 11, 2011
- March 28, 2011 – The NH PDIP Advisory Committee selected Cutwater Investor Services Corp. to manage the Investment Pool
- March 24, 2011 – Alternatives to Foreclosure Seminars scheduled in Concord
- January 27, 2011 – Alternatives to Foreclosure Seminars scheduled in Concord
- November 22, 2010 – Alternatives to Foreclosure Seminars scheduled in Concord and Keene
- November 22, 2010 – New Hampshire Joins the Multistate Effort to Examine the Management of the Foreclosure Process by Loan Servicers
- September 28, 2010 – Alternatives to Foreclosure Seminars scheduled in Concord, Gilford, and Keene
- September 1, 2010 – Alternatives to Foreclosure Seminars scheduled in Concord and Laconia
- June 22, 2010 – Deputy Bank Commissioner Robert Fleury recently filed a Noble Trust Plan of Liquidation
- April 30, 2010 – Regional Finance Fair held in Portsmouth
- February 2, 2010 – The Banking Department announces the release of The Road Ahead Personal Finance Exercise
- New Hampshire began participating in the CSBS/AARMR Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (“NMLS”) on July 1, 2008
- August 18, 2008 – NH Banking Department Reaches an Agreement with The Mortgage Specialists, Michael Gill, and Lisa Tracy
- February 2008 – Claremont, Hudson, and Lebanon Consumer Outreach Sessions
- October 2007 – Portsmouth, Concord, and Laconia Consumer Outreach Sessions
- September 2007 – Berlin and Littleton Consumer Outreach Sessions
- August 2007 – Manchester Consumer Outreach Session
- August 2007 – First Magnus Financial License Suspension
- August 2007 – Apex Financial Group
- July 2007 – ABC's of Mortgage Documents
- November 2006 – Nontraditional Mortgage Products
- January 2006 – Ameriquest Settlement
- March 2004 – Telephone Scam
- January 2004 – Loan Scam
- August 2003 – Household Finance
- October 2002 – Household Finance
- January 2002 – Credit Card Scam