- April 2, 2012 - Credit Card Data Breach
Global Payments, Inc., a third party processor of debit and credit card transactions, has reported that, due to a security breach, confidential personal and financial information regarding certain credit and debit card holders has been compromised. Consumers should monitor their credit and debit card use and contact their card issuer if they notice any unauthorized purchases.
- National Mortgage Licensing Website Now Available to Consumers
In order to provide homebuyers and the general public with greater information concerning the companies and professionals in the mortgage industry and in fulfillment of the federal S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008, the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) has launched a website called NMLS Consumer Access. NMLS Consumer Access is a fully searchable website that allows the public to view information concerning state-licensed companies, branches, and individuals licensed and registered through NMLS. No personal identifying information concerning individuals (such as social security number, date of birth, etc.) will be made available on NMLS Consumer Access.
Banking and Checking Issues
Buying New and Used Cars
- The Federal Trade Commission has several documents that contain tips on car buying vs. leasing, negotiating the best deal, financing, getting the most out of warranties and service contracts, using gas efficiently, and avoiding repossession. Visit the FTC web site.
Credit Cards, Repair, Reports and Scores
Debit and ATM Cards
Debt Management/Budget Counseling
Housing and Foreclosure Questions?
APR, GFE, and LIBOR are just a few of the many mortgage terms to know and understand before you agree to buy a home. Please ask questions and consider getting help from a local housing counselor (See list below). Links to several helpful documents are also provided below.
- Housing Counselors
- NH Housing Finance Authority: (603) 472-8623
- NH Office, Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Manchester, NH (603) 666-7510
- Affordable Housing Education And Development Program (AHEAD), Littleton, NH (603) 444-1377
- Cheshire Housing Trust, Keene, NH (603) 357-7603
- Community Home Solutions, Seabrook, NH (603) 474-7449
- Concord Area Trust for Community Housing (CATCH), Concord, NH (603) 225-8835
- Laconia Area Community Land Trust, Laconia, NH (603) 524-0747
- NeighborWorks Greater Manchester, Manchester, NH (603) 626-4663
- Neighborhood Housing Services of Greater Nashua, Nashua, NH (603) 882-2077
- The Way Home, Manchester, NH, (603) 644-0180
- Tri County CAP, Berlin, NH (603) 752-7001
Home Equity Loans and Second Mortgages
Payday and Title Loans
Schemes, Swindles and Scams