Recognizing professional misconduct.
Each profession operates by a set of laws, rules, and regulations. While the licensing process helps to ensure that only qualified individuals are authorized to serve the people of New Hampshire, sometimes licensed professionals do not meet the standards of conduct required of them. Professional misconduct includes the following:
- Engaging in acts of incompetence or negligence
- Failing to return or provide copies of records on request
- Practicing under the influence of alcohol or other drugs
- Abandoning or neglecting a patient in need of immediate care
- Performing unnecessary work or unauthorized services
- Charging for work not done
In general, we do not handle complaints about fees unless fraud is involved. Please note also that we do not address office practice issues such as long waiting times.