skip navigation
athletic trainer occupational therapist physical therapist respiratory care practitioner speech-language pathologist
New Hampshire Speech-Language Pathology Governing Board

The site was developed to provide items of interest to licensees, certificate holders, applicants, and consumers. It is our hope that the site is useful and informative. We invite you to contact the office with your comments, suggestions or further information on specific questions.

Board Members

The Board of Speech-Language Pathology consists of 5 members who serve a 3 year term. A Board member is only allowed to serve 2 consecutive 3 year terms. By New Hampshire Statute RSA 328-F:4 the Board must be comprised of the following members:

Four licensed Speech Language Pathologists - one working in a clinical setting and one working in an educational setting, and one public member.

Available Seats on the Board

The Board is currently looking for 1 Public Member and 1 Speech-Language Pathologist. The term is for 3 years. If you are interested contact the Governors Office at 603-271-2121. For information regarding how the Board functions contact Tina Kelley at 603-271-8389.

Initial Licensure or Reinstatement of Licensure

To apply for an initial New Hampshire license or to reinstate a New Hampshire license, go to "Forms and Documents" and use our electronic submission feature to request an application packet or contact the Office of Licensed Allied Health Professionals at 603-271-8389 and request an application packet.

License Cycle

All Speech-Language licenses and certifications expire December on 31 in every odd-numbered year per New Hampshire Statute RSA 328-F:19. Depending on when your application is approved a license or certificate may be valid for a few months of the two-year cycle. Initial license and certification fees are not pro-rated. Renewal notices are sent out from the office no later than October 15 of the renewal year. Continuing education requirements are dependent on initial and ongoing timelines of licenses and certificate holders.

Recently Moved?

Whether moving around New Hampshire or relocating to another state, every licensee and certificate holder is obligated to notify this office of any changes. Allied Health law RSA 328-F:21 states … "Licensees shall maintain their current business and home address on file with the applicable board. Any changes in address shall be provided to the office no later than 30 days from the date of the change." Keeping your file information current is your responsibility.

copyright 2007. State of New Hampshire